Sunday, June 14, 2009

week two

well, it's week two of my summer holiday.  one update: i have a new internship, with an acting manager.  a manager is someone who represents actors, gets them out on auditions, and supports them if they get jobs.  so now, every wednesday, i'll be helping this manager submit her actors for auditions, making calls to coordinate between the actors, etc.  i'm very excited; this is a part of the acting business that i know nothing about!

the exciting thing that i did this week was go to see the play "our town" at the actors gang.  my friends and i are trying to see a lot of LA theatre this summer, since it's what we all want to do, and because it's important to know the theatre scene.  our town is one of my all-time favorite plays, and many of you probably remember sitting through a version i did at good ol' shawnee mission east.  with no disrespect to the lancers, this version was probably much better.  it was a very simple, moving version of the play and i loved it.  i laughed and cried (if you don't cry at the end of this play, there is something wrong with you).  Here is a production still from the actors gang blog:
that's ma and doc gibbs, father of george gibbs, the male lead.   it was so good!

ta ta for now!
ellen

1 comment:

Laura said...

That sounds great ellen!! I saw a french musical the other night--I felt quite worldly. And I don't know if it's still around, but last summer I saw Jane Austen Unscripted, which is a comedy show where they improv an austenesque play. I highly recommend it!!