Sunday, February 1, 2009

back in sunny california

it's been taking me a while to get back into the swing of things here in sunny CA, but i'm trying as best i can. this semester i'm taking it slow, focusing on classes and my internship and kinda/maybe thinking about what i'm going to do with the rest of my life.
ah!
ok, so now i'm no longer thinking about my life plans.
that's about the amount of time i can stand to do that.

so, this semester, i'm working in the executive offices of center theatre group, one of the two big theatre companies in LA. everyone in the office is a lot of fun, and it's a very relaxing place to go to work. the executive offices are where the artistic director and managing director work. as the intern, i am at the very bottom of the fish in this pool. however, i do get to do lots of interesting things such as answering phones and filing. um...no, really, it's a great place to work.
i'm also making real money at the usc costume shop, putting away clothes in the basement and loosing all feeling in my fingers from sewing on buttons all day.

my travel plans for the semester are pretty low key, but i am going to seattle for a weekend to visit my good friend carly, who graduated last year. i'll be back in KC for spring break, too.

xoxo,
e

1 comment:

Tootie said...

Ran across your blog from my Google Sanibel Alerts. :-) How was your vacation here? Hope you missed our colder days. :-)