Saturday, May 31, 2008

no puedo entender español a 50mph!

we landed in buenos aires this morning!

there were a lot of us on my flight from dallas to ba (me, beth, alex, andrea, brynne, hillary, and abby), and after making it through customs we were greeted by claudia and roberto, our professors. then we went to an apartment where our families picked us up!

i was greeted by my host mom, marcela, and she took me to their apartment--it's in barrio norte on the seventh floor of a very beautiful apartment building. i say on the seventh flor...i should say it IS the seventh floor.

i wandered around a little on my own today--we get our phones tomorrow, so we had no way of getting in touch with each other. everyone is very friendly, but they all speak very, very, very, very quickly, so i couldn't understand a lot of what was happening today. i hope that will change...

it's 10:40 now, i'm going to eat some sushi with my host sister and her friends and then probably go to bed to recover from last night while they go out. dinner is eaten around 10 or 11, and going out starts, at the earliest, at 2; it ends at 7. i don't think i can function tomorrow on 2 hours of sleep, so i will be skipping tonight, thank you very much.

loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its melissa trupp.

I'm so jealous you are spending the summer in BA. I went there for 3 weeks last summer. it was nothing short of amazing.

There is an amazing cafe attached to the Museo De Eva Peron i think its called. Its by Alto palermo. Literally amazing.